Sunday, August 24, 2008

Restoration Hardware: baby & child

I don't know if you all noticed that Brocade Home, a subsidiary of Restoration Hardware, is no longer taking orders. Perhaps it is because of the launch of this site: Restoration Hardware Baby & Child.


I was looking for a Dining Table and noticed the new logo at the top of RH's website, so decided to check it out. There are quite a few nice things here (like the sweet personalized crown piece above).

The furniture, I would suspect, is the same high quality you would expect from the parent site. This four poster is a really timeless design I think. And the bedding hosts a hive of little bees fit for a little Josephine.

The lamps are great looking and quite a good price. This gourd lamp is $119, plus the shade at $25.

Cute lamp reminiscent of Jaime Young. Painted ceramic, comes in a bunch of colors (as does the gourd lamp), and different shade choices. $69! Plus a shade at $25. This is not a tiny little lamp either. It stands 22" high. (Sometimes with a price like this I double check the size to make sure it is not a mini lamp.)

And there are area rugs and window coverings as well. I thought this woven rug (comes in other colors also) was very nice!

I was very impressed overall. Restoration Hardware has great things that blend in with many different decors, so I was very pleased to discover this site. Hope you will be too. Worth a visit for sure.

17 comments:

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

This looks so charming. I have been impressed with RH for quite a while now, it will be great to see what they do with a children's line.

jett modern said...

My two close friends both work for RH in the corporate offices and they have all of this in their kids rooms.The quality and details are great! Wish RH would mix it up a little in their photos. Everything is so matchy I start to lose interest.
Katie your daughters room on the other hand is wonderful. I love the mix, and I think she will love it for many, many years.

Marie Louise said...

I love Restoration Hardware - they always have such lovely things, although I am always attracted to big ticket items - fab leather chairs or gorgeous tables. Just confirms that nagging feeling that I was meant to be rich!

Willow Decor: said...

RH always seems to have their fingers on the pulse of what buyers want - let's wait and see!

katiedid said...

Hi Pamela! Yes, for a retail chain, I am very impressed with the quality of construction. I am not sure about the children's line, but at RH, they have used cedar for their dresser drawer boxes with dovetail joinery. You don't find that anywhere else that I have seen. Cute stuff I think! :)

katiedid said...

Hi Linda and Tim (jett modern)-
I agree....I hope they will incorporate some personality into the rooms a little bit. Pottery Barn seems to have that concept under control.

I hope I get into your store this week for your sale! You always have things that add great personality!

katiedid said...

Hello Marie Louise-
I am right there with you! I could use a little moew $$$ too!.

Hello Willow and thanks for the visit! I am looking forward to checking them out in person too. If you take a look at the jett modern comment above, they got to peak at the real thing and it looks like it's great stuff!

Anonymous said...

Brocade Home was basically dropped when Resto went private a few months ago, so I think they're trying to work out their finances.

please sir said...

Oh goodness...what a cute room and color combo!

At Home Redesigns said...

So pretty! Thanks for pointing that site out.

Jules said...

LOVE this new line from RH. such fresh color combonations and prints for kids.

Pigtown-Design said...

How funny! We're having a neighbourhood festival in two weeks and I'm having a booth. I just made up about a dozen of those crown prints... almost exactly like the ones you've shown. I hope this means that great minds think alike!

jae said...

Very nice things. I do agree with the matchy matchy, but if you do a piece or two with your own style, it would be great.

Jennifer Ramos said...

Cant wait to see what they come up with ...! : )

cool!

Jen Ramos
'100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards & More'
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

franki durbin said...

I've had such a good time since they launched. Just in time, too.... I finally have a little one to decorate for :)

Beth G said...

I love restoration hardware. This is by far the best site for cribs and bedding!

Lexi said...

Restoration hardware designs always leave me with a soothing feeling of a store that always seems to get it right.

But these pictures also leave me with a craving for strawberries and chocolate!