Friday, August 29, 2008

Road Trip: Monterey and Carmel

We are heading out today to spend the long weekend in Monterey and Carmel, a couple of the most beautifully scenic areas in California:

We will be seeing the famous Lone Cypress tree:



Visiting the Cannery in Monterey:



Shopping. Did you even doubt it?



Hitting the spectacular Monterey Bay Aquarium (I think there is an interiors color scheme here):



I love seeing the Carmel Mission:



And downtown Carmel is full of shopping: art, antiques, boutiques and restaurants (a little spendy all the way around, but sometimes you find a treasure you can't live without!):



Carmel is famous for it's artist colony, and there is no need to wonder why:



We plan to do some of this:



And visit Julia Pfeiffer State Beach in Big Sur (if there is time!):



So I wish you all a wonderful long Labor Day Weekend! I will be back on Monday....late.


BYE!

All photos from flickr

14 comments:

CoutureCarrie said...

Great pics!

avant garde said...

Hi, I happened upon your blog through belle maison. I'm having fun checking in on your blog and reading your posts. Will peek back often, have a great weekend...sincerely robin for avantgarde

Cal mom said...

I LOVE Carmel! Went there on my honeymoon. Go to Nepenthe in Big Sur for lunch. (if it's still there after the fire?) BYW: love your blog.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Wishing you great weather and a wonderful time.

Paloma said...

So beautiful! I wish I were there right now.

Cote de Texas said...

it looks gorgeous! have a great labor day!!!! we'll miss you!

Joni

AT THE PICKLED HUTCH said...

Have an amazing getaway! I go there whenever possible as Carmel is a village all it's own!
Lisa & Alfie

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

Now THAT looks like a fun weekend, indeed!!

mrsplainjane said...

Katie- I don't know if you'll check your email while you're on vacation, but just in case- you have to check out Trouve... it's a new store on San Carlos & 6th. I think you'd like it. :) Have fun!!

Pigtown-Design said...

Lucky you! And great images. Love the last one.

Patricia Gray said...

Sigh...it's been a few years since I've been there. Have a great weekend!

MIMILEE said...

I just love Carmel! We went several years ago and it is so fabulous! Hope it was a great trip and you had fun! I know I did~

Regards,
MIMILEE<><

Dawn said...

Monterey is amazing. We were fortunate enough to have been married in Pacific Grove. It's such a beautiful part of California.

mary said...

Have a wonderful trip and stay cool!