Tuesday, August 26, 2008

So Sylvie

I got a very sweet note from Sylvie of the So Sylvie blog the other day announcing that her beautiful shop Blossom Home is sadly going to close. If you were unaware of Sylvie's talent, take a look:

Not only is her shop beautiful, but so is she. She has had a bit of hardship lately, which you can read about here. I hope you will join me in your support and well wishes by visiting her blog.



Sylvie is letting some of her very special pieces go on Craig's List so you might want to check things out here.


This etagere is one of the beauties being sold.

I wish I had gotten a chance to visit her shop in person, but I hope Sylvie will be starting a new chapter where her talents will flourish!

Wishing all good things for Sylvie and her family!

11 comments:

Alex said...

Sylvie has a fantastic shop and a slew of talent. Wish I had found her site earlier.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I am so sorry to hear this. I wasn't familiar with her and wish I had found her sooner. I do hope life will get brighter for her. Things are often so unfair. I'm grateful you highlighted her today.

Ivy Lane said...

I too am sorry to hear this. What beautiful, charming pieces. Keeping her in my prayers.

Ivy Lane said...

I too am sorry to hear this. What beautiful, charming pieces. Keeping her in my prayers.

Visual Vamp said...

Hard times indeed. Talent is never forgotten, and though Slyvie is closing her store, her talent and charm continues.

Savvy Mode SG said...

will check her site out.

Sylvie said...

Wow, did I just walk into the right room. You people are so sweet! Thank you all for your thoughtful comments, and compliments. You're so generous!

I will continue my blog (that would be too much to bear to let go of both the shop and the blog). In fact, my blog precedes the shop, and it's still my little pleasure.

Merci, Sylvie

Sylvie said...

THANK YOU KATIE!

franki durbin said...

You are so sweet for shining light on her boutique. Thanks for the heads up.... I'm of to show my love!

katiedid said...

Thanks everyone for your kindness! Make sure to visit Sylvie's blog....she is going to be keeping it going! Yeah!

avant garde said...

i too wish i had found her blog earlier. i had to close a business recently and know her sadness over it. although i am healthy and the hope is that this will allow her to concentrate only on herself, heal and get on with creating beautiful spaces again...maybe she can think of her first experience with her shop as a first run of many to come! i'll be thinking about her often!