Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring Cleaning....and More Painting

The front yard cherry tree is in bloom.

Guest Room "Before"

An indication that it's time for a little Spring Cleaning. A little sprucing up.

Guest Room "During"

So we decided to do a little more painting (Benjamin Moore Charleston Brown). It is coming along really nicely. Perhaps the best thing about it is getting all of the "left overs" out of the room so we can remake the space into a useable guest room again. I have a few fun things planned for the room, so I hope you "stay tuned" for the results!

Til then...have a great weekend and a Happy Spring!

16 comments:

tartanscot said...

OOooooo . . you know I love a dark wall treatment ! lol.

Looking good. can't wait to see the results.

ArchitectDesign said...

what a cozy looking room; all of those great big windows! I love the placement of the bed too!! Can't wait to see how the color turns out!

Rita said...

Oh, I love the picture of the apple blossoms. You have such a fresh eye!

Rachel Mallon said...

If that is your before than I can't wait to see what the after is!

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I love a brown room! And I'm looking forward to seeing this one!!

Julio said...

I cannot wait for the end result. I know its going to exceed our expectations.

Home Interior Designer said...

Lovely tree pictures. It's always exciting to see a room develop.

avant garde said...

love that chocolat-y brown tone on the walls, so warm and soothing. can't wait to see the finished product. lovely flowers on your tree outside!

GardenDesigner said...

Just stopped by and I cant wait to see the finished product! Happy spring! ( Even though we r supposed to get 6 inches of snow tonight!~ Aarrgg!!

LOL
Vanessa
The Rhinestone Contessa

Velvet and Linen said...

Great color selection, Katie.
I also like how you put the bed in front of the windows. Is it staying there?
I can't wait to see what is next.

xo
Brooke

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

Oooooh. Love the light you get in that room...the color will look chocolatey. Yum!

M said...

Pretty color!

hello gorgeous said...

It's looking good... I can't wait for the "big reveal." :-)

kathleen said...

Good color. It's funny how spring cleaning and painting can be so strongly correlated.

aynart said...

is there an update yet? love the brown!

maison21 said...

waiting for that reveal...