Everybody loves a good Showhouse, right? We are used to seeing them in the Spring and maybe there are a few during the holiday season. But our craving is usually put on hold in the Fall.
Well, we are in luck, because this Fall, starting the weekend of September 12, Metropolitan Home's second annual Showtime House is slated to open to the public. Met Home and Showtime are partnering for a second season bringing their cutting edge cable TV hits to life with the design talents of some of the country's most notable designers.
The event takes place in New York at the Tribeca Summit: "a collection of elegant loft residences created from an historic former warehouse." To learn more about the building (pictured above), click here.
Let's cut to the chase here. So, what shows are providing the inspiration and who are the designers? That's what was formost in my list of questions.
Each designer has been assigned a room and a Showtime Series:
Can you just imagine?
And the designer lineup:
1) Marie Aiello, Dexter Foyer, Living and Dining Room, Kitchen, and Terrace
3) James Biber, Weeds Dining Room
5) Markus Dochantschi, Californication Master Bedroom
6) Susannah C. Drake, Californication Outdoor Living Room
7) Francine Gardner, United States of Tara Duplex Apartment
8) Joannah Kornak for Holly Hunt, Californication Master Bedroom and Balcony
9) Paul Latham, Weeds Lounge
10) Piero Lissoni with Nicoletta Canesi, Lissoni Associati, Tudors Dining Room and Exterior
11) James Lord, Roderick Wyllie, and Geoff di Girolamo, United States of Tara and Weeds Outdoor Rooms
12) Kara Mann, United States of Tara Multiple Personality Room
13) Richard Mishaan, The Tudors Small Study and Sitting Room
For more info on the fab fourteen above click here.
If you are like me and just can't wait til September, here's a bit of a sneak peak.
And for those of you who can't keep away, you can find out more info on tickets and such here.
And just for a bit of fun......
Kirsten Brant's Cafe/Lounge from Metropolitan Home's Showtime House 2008
Click here for the sizzling slideshow of last year's event!