Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Nice Toss!

When I was in San Francisco for the Decorator Showcase (more to come on that BTW!), I had to do a little shopping, of course! We headed over to Chestnut Street in the Marina District to browse around and came across THIS gem of a shop!
Toss is a shop with a little of everything a girl wants.....cute bags and totes, cuter shoes, fun belts and hats, perfect tops and colorful scarves.....and lots of gifts perfect for your girlfriends, Mom's, daughters, MIL's and SIL's.There is vibrant color everywhere you turn. I absolutely loved how there were shoes and belts tucked into each color story area in the store.
Toss Design is a San Francisco design house founded in 2004 known for their travel totes and bags in fresh patterns and vibrant colors. There are now tunics and dresses in the same brilliant patterns in the shop.

See those cute orange flats on the shelf below? And I almost took the black sandals above home with me.
One of the nicest things about the shop is that the prices were very do-able. Cute, fun, affordable and lots to love here. What could be better?!
I am all over these sandals with the caning on them.
Hop on over to the Toss Website for a little online shopping if you can't get to the City by the Bay. Summer is a-comin' and a little travel bag might be just the ticket for you or that upcoming grad gift! (I have a grad of my own....so shhh! Don't tell her!)

20 comments:

The Girl and the Cupcake said...

What an adorable preppy little store!

Boxwood Terrace said...

Oh,my. I would like that bag with the caning and black trim!
Deborah

mary said...

Thanks, Katie, Toss looks amazing and the website is great.

Paris Hotel Boutique said...

Oh Katie, what a cute shop! I've never been there and now you're tormenting me. Going to have to check it out in person. Love the color coordinated vignettes :)

Susie @ Maddie's Nest said...

I knew I should have gone to bed instead of trying to catch up on blog reads....what a great shop....I just bought the Congo Caning Port Tote from you last picture. I need a little break from my boring diaper bag....and this will be great! Thanks for the intro to this fabulous shop!

Mona Thompson said...

OOh, would love to shop here!

pretty pink tulips said...

Darling shop! Love the caning!

Karena said...

Toss, what a great name & shop. I am loving those black sandals Katie!!

Karena
Art by Karena

Diane Dorrans Saeks said...

HI KATIE-


Ever since the APPLE store opened on Chestnut, it has been getting more and more chic.
It is within walking distance, downhill, from where I live, so I am very pleased with all the new shops.

Toss: I see the Tory Burch influence, and a bit of Lilly Pullitzer as well, don't you. Interior is charming...and it is put together so well. It is so cheerful and well-presented.
cheers, DIANE
www.thestylesaloniste.com

Gracefully Vintage said...

wow -what a trip,and what a lovely shop, i love the crisp bright color. Loving your style-design , just became a follower to get more inspiration-ideas
Karryann

Hello Lover... said...

What a fun preppy shop! their website is pretty cute as well!

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

Loving the sandals in the last photo... I just ordered my mom a travel bag from there for Mother's Day! The patterns/colors are so fun.

katiedid said...

Hi all!
I had a feeling you all might like this shop! So much fun and I feel like I culd really shop without breaking the bank!

Diane....you are so right! Very Tory and Lily! San Francisco is such a great city. You must love it! I am glad to live so close so that I can satisfy my appetite for unique shopping on a regular basis!

To all who loved the caning....we are in complete agreement! I can tell you that I thought the quality of the caning was wonderful and the sandals look even better on!

Josh Urso Design said...

We love shopping in San Francisco! There is just something about the relaxed atmosphere there that even carries through into the retail environments. Toss looks like it has a great mix of things.

katiedid said...

Hi Josh!
So true. San Francisco is such a beautiful city it is inspiring just to walk down the street. And then when you find a wonderful shop (of which there are many!) it is just icing on the cake!

Cristin said...

Darling, I agree! So good to see stores doing well in SF. So many have gone under... so sad.

xo,
cristin

Lila said...

It looks so quaint and so well put together. I love how they have matching bags and sandals. how cute is that?!
Lila Ferraro
Queen Bedroom Sets

www.casaecose.com said...

Oh my,, my mom had a bag like that in the 60's that I use now - i just adore it. I mean the one with rattan and black trim on edges. SO chic!
Nice store - I could do some shopping there!

Alexis said...

I love Toss...I bought myself 2 bags for my birthday @ the Chestnut shop! Isn't it great...

beachbungalow8 said...

I want those sandals too! what a great shop. I can't believe I've never seen it.