Friday, March 25, 2011

WSJ Getaway

Photo by Simon Upton
It is Friday....the perfect time to think about what I might do this weekend.

It would be grand to get away from all of the rain, take a quick jet across the pond to visit the estate of  Interior Decorator, Nicky Haslam. His estate in the English countryside is a 16th century hunting lodge and is the stuff of dreams and fairy tales.

Rita Konig recently had the pleasure of a grand tour and recounts her adventures in the upcoming April  issue of WSJ magazine HERE

As much as I would like to jet across the globe at a moment's notice, there is reality to consider. It looks like I will  be conjuring a getaway from my armchair where I will be dreaming right alongside this little girl....not such a bad prospect:

I hope you all have your own dreamy weekend planned!

7 comments:

Brillante Interiors said...

The firts image fascinated me, the last one made me smile! Treasure moments like this make our life richer, we don't need a castle (even though having a furry treasure AND a castle...)

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I have always been so envious of Nicky's house. Just the most charming place imaginable!! And what a provenance!!

Notorious MLE said...

Katie, It freaks me out how similar our dogs look. They are twins.

mary said...

I think my dream get-away would either be Paris of Venice---but "the dudes" would miss me, too. Have a great week-end with your girls and guys. I'm still on Cloud 9 over my book.

Toad said...

It's good to see John Fowler's old haunt looking so well.

Carla@DesignintheWoods said...

I love Nicky Haslam's estate and his work! Your dog is so cute. I love when dogs roll over like that for their tummy scratches.

Pigtown-Design said...

Loved the Nicky house and the fabulous article about Anna Wintour.

And my dog sleeps like that, too! shocking!

xo