Monday, April 4, 2011

4 Ladies and a Chair

Let's say a dear departed Aunt Sophie has left you this beautiful Louis XVI style slipper chair in her will (or perhaps it was six of them!)....what would you do with it/them? 

Cristin Priest from the Simplified Bee blog posed a similar question to four designer/bloggers and the results are as varied as the bloggers. Cristan asked the designers to create room design using this chair and whatever else took our fancy. I was one of the participants and had so much fun letting my imagination run wild. I put together a moody blue room with white accents and a fantasy of accents. The other designs are creative and so pretty.

To take a peek at all of the "what if" designs, hop on over HERE

And on another note...don't forget to enter the Give Away for Kelly Hoppen's latest book:


Get all of the information HERE!

9 comments:

Karena said...

How fun Katie I will see if I entered for the book ...can you believe I cannot remenber!

My crazy life!!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

classic • casual • home said...

Off to check out Simplified Bee...
Come see the bridal shower we gave yesterday and my first give-away.

Sarah at Finishing Touch Interiors said...

Love the moodboard inspiration you did for simplified bee

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I love what you chose. And I'd love to write a biographical sketch of the people who live in this imaginary room! I can just see them.

Tim said...

Cool stuff.

Stylebeat/Marisa said...

This chair is charming!

Al said...

I just found your blog. It is a lovely place to visit. I'll be back. Great posting too!
www.skylarkmanor.com

Lila said...

That is a beautiful chair! I'd love to inherit that. I'd put it in my family room...make that two in my family room!
xoxo
Lila Ferraro

Tracy said...

Just found, now follow and am eyes rolled back in my head crazy about what you do.