Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Peak of Sofas

 I get a little jolt of adrenalin and I am sure my pupils get a little larger every time I see a piece of furniture that is fresh, interesting and just well done. Sophisticated Living just hit me with a sofa that fits that bill. 

Sophisticated Living is a company located in Germany, with stores in Austria and Switzerland as well. I can only hope that bringing their line of furniture to North America is minutes away. Their design philosophy is described as "Lifestyle on the same wavelength".....

"A good wave and good timing is a must to get a kick while surfing. Both promise joy, a feeling of freedom and the certainty of not wanting to be anywhere else at that particular moment".

Design is like that too. Aren't we all trying to create environments where one finds joy and a feeling of not wanting to be anywhere else at that moment? Being a California native who grew up at the beach, I knew we were on "the same wavelength". 

Sophisticated Living brings me one step closer to finding ideas for making those kind of spaces for my clients. This particular sofa is named "Peak" after a surfing term....like all of SL's products. The metal base is so artful and the cushy comfort of the upholstery makes for a place where one could stay all day. Nicely done!


Catch a wave on over  and meet the team at Sophisticated Living and scope out the other cool sofas, like "Hang Ten", "Haleiwa" and "One Eighty". 

It'll make your summer.

10 comments:

Karena said...

Katie this sofa has such clean, elegant lines!! I love it!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Splendid Sass said...

This would be wonderful in an office too, Katie!
Thank you for sharing.
Teresa
xoxo

Jason @ Chesterfield Sofa said...

I know people are going to say "Grey? It's a bit boring, isn't it?" but I am loving the simplicity of the sofa, and the styling of the photos.

katiedid said...

Hi all!
Jason, one of the nice things about this company is that their sofas are offered in a number of fabrics. There is a whole section of the website devoted to the fabric choices. Nice options!

Thanks for reading!

Al said...

Love the lines of this sofa! It is truly gorgeous! Thanks for this great post ;)

under spanish moss said...

We love the company's philosophy. Going to check out their other pieces.
Angela and Renee

martin mattox said...

What a great line, and a great find!

Jill said...

I love this sofa, and I also love the fact that there is a surf subculture in Germany! One of the most popular surf spots is the Eisbach river, where locals have set up a permanent wave generator. Random, but true!

despar2 said...

Love this Katie..such a great sofa for the a family room and wonderful color if you have kids. I am with you..I hope they come this way soon as well. Have a great day

Linda in AZ * said...

*** Dear Katie~~~ Such a YUMMY SOFA!!! (And I ADORE the softness of the color!)

***** And now, here's a great, big "HUG of THANKS"... Uh huh!!! The new book, that I so happily "won" just recently, arrived today~~~ "BARRY DIXON'S INSPIRATIONS"~~~ and just upon "first peek/ prelim looks", IT... IS... FABULOUS!!! (And the photography is so beautifully "spot on"!!!!!!).

One amusing note: I wanted to cancel our dinner arrangements w/ friends tonite, so I could stay home, turn on some wonderful music, draw a niiiice hot bath, light the candles, prepare a drink and simply enjoy the dog(s) laying next to me (OUTSIDE the tub, of course! Grins!) while I started reading... Of course, Jim said "no", but you can bet I am totally doing it in the early a.m tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!

*** ANYHOOOOOO, THANK YOU SO MUCH for the BEAUTIFUL GIFT of WINNING THIS BOOK!!!***

Warmest regards,
Linda in AZ *
bellesmom1234@comcast.net