Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Spring Things

Lina Woven Ballet Flats
I admit it. I have a problem with catalogs. I get at least 3 or 4 per day shooting through my mail slot. You would think that You Tube, or Facebook would get more of my attention, but not so much.  I do like holding real pages in my hands so I can flip them, dog ear them, put post-it tags on them. 

However, I usually do not feel a great urge to buy things on sight. I mull things over for awhile. Not so the other day when I got the Spring Nordstrom catalog. I came across these little cuties from Toms. Apparently Toms have come out with a collection of ballet flats, and this pair got to me. I could not wait for snail mail to bring them to me. I hopped in my car that day and zipped on over and bought them. I have yet to actually wear them. This happened just yesterday. But I do keep trying them on and imagine everything I can wear them with. 

Do you do that? 

These may be next.....

Alessandra Burlap Ballet Flats

10 comments:

Laura@happyroost said...

Those are adorable! I may have to get a pair for myself :)

Laura
www.happyroost.blogspot.com

Karena said...

Katie both of these styles are perfect for Spring and Summer. I especially love the black and cream linen !

Xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Splendid Sass said...

I love Toms! The story behind their business is amazing. I did a post on the company a year or so ago.
I love these, Katy. Enjoy them and think about the child that received a new pair of shoes!
Happy Thursday.
Teresa
xoxo

Loretta Fontaine (APPLESandRUBIES) said...

Katie - Not too often! I'm a mull-it-over-forever kind of girl!

Loretta

Marisa/Stylebeat said...

Ok so I have never bought Toms because I could never get over the way they look like you are wearing ace bandages on your feet! But these, I can get behind and thanks to your share, I might actually get these!!! Love.

Mélanie A. said...

I LOVE FLATS .

Lori Pepe-Lunché said...

Very Funny!...I did the same exact thing yesterday...and I've never even worn Tom's before! They're great.

Claudia Juestel said...

I have stopped most catalogues, as I cannot seem to find the time to read them. So that is why I miss out on some great stuff. Thanks for introducing me to these cute ballerinas Katie.

Would love to hear if they are comfortable. I have an Edelman pair that have great fit and some padding in the sole.

Cheers,

Claudia

aurea @ pricewise events said...

I love the Lina Woven ballet flats which you bought! Perfect for spring and I really love flats, very comfortable to wear. :)

jlonit said...

Katiedid

I have been following your blog for a few years and read your comment on Cote de Texas today re: advertising. I think you should go for it. Yours is one of the better, most consistent blogsand it certainly wouldn't deter me (or your other fans I'm sure) if you deservedly accepted some advertising.