Monday, May 28, 2012

In Our Memories


It has been very quiet in town this weekend. The weather is beautiful, so I think many have taken the opportunity to head out for the weekend....perhaps to the coast, the wine country or the mountains. I enjoyed a day trip up to the Gold Country yesterday: Sutter Creek and Volcano, which I will show you all this week! But the peacefulness here at home toady is just what we needed. We cannot bear to be inside today since it is perfect outside: 80 degrees, a soft breeze and sunny blue skies. So we took the dogs to the park this morning, shopped for ingredients for a Tapas party later this evening with friends and now Tim is painting....


After many years it was definitely time. I have been torn between shades of taupe, camel and putty for months. We finally decided on a color: Kelly Moore Sand Pebble. The trim is white and the doors will be Kelly Moore Carbon, a shiny black. I have been torn about the door color. I may end up changing my mind yet again. There are so many colors I have seen lately for doors that would be so much fun. But I know us. The likelihood that we will get around to changing the color when/if we get tired of a Kelly Green or Tangerine will take months...years. So I think a black lacquer might be the classic choice I need. But then again.....


While I work in the garden today, I will be thinking of all who have gone before us to defend and protect us. Thank you.

Happy Memorial Day.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Nice post Katie and looking forward to seeing the paint color and your front door! Happy Memorial Day! ;-))

Splendid Sass said...

Wow, you have beeb a busy lady! Glad you are getting some painting done. What I would give to have 80 degree and breezy weather. In the 90s here, and the breeze off of the water is warm too.
Happy Memorial Day.
Teresa
xoxo

Merlin said...

Land of the free, Home of the brave. franki

busana muslimah said...

woww great post good luck

Lori said...

Go for a rich navy blue on the doors! I like the house color, looks greenish in the picture - nice!

How2home said...

nice post! garden looks nice, do you have a deck in your yard? and do you grow herbs in your own garden?

GardenCentre said...

Hey this is really so nice post i am so inspired here could you more share here i will be back to you as soon as possible.
Thanks for sharing..



garden centre LEIGHTON BUZZARD