Thursday, September 27, 2012

New Furniture Finds: Lexington


It is always fun when the emails with the latest from High Point start flowing in. Lexington Furniture recently sent me a new collection called Aquarius, and there were more than a few things that caught my eye.

What could be better than a Hermes orange chest of drawers with very handsome brass hardware? I am putting the Aria Chest in my "Furniture I have to use in a client project" file. It would be great in a room for grown ups (sophisticated) OR a child's room (perfect to grow up with, and such a fun color!)

Whenever I see new furniture, I have a habit of imagining a whole room designed around it. Do you ever do that? I imagine all of the other furnishings, walls, area rugs....everything. I call these rooms my "inspiration rooms". Occasionally I will put a mood board together for that potential client that might come along. And I always have photos of lovely things on my bulletin board in my office.

Couldn't you see it in a room like this.?.....

via Pinterest
And the Electra Chair....what a classic style! Art Deco shape and the leather and wood are such a wonderful combination. So handsome....again that descriptive.....but it is a masculine design I think. Which is NOT to say that a woman would not fall in love with it. I did!


I can see it in a space like this.....

via Pinterest
I also loved the Onyx Coffee Table. Tailored, sleek, classic and very chic, it could work in so many different settings....


I perused a few Living Rooms from the Elle Decor LookBook website to pick a few spaces where I think it would be right at home.....



What do you think? Modern, traditional, I think it works in any kind of setting.

A cool new modern bench called the Ascension comes in white or black leather. I thought it very interesting..... 


It could be great at the end of this bed....


And the white could be perfect.....


here......


These are just a few of the pieces from the new Aquarius Collection from Lexington. You can see the whole collection HERE.

Everything is pretty easy to add into your own inspiration rooms. Have fun!

11 comments:

My Interior Life said...

I saw that chest on their press release too and immediately wanted it/wanted to use it in a project. Makes quite a statement!

Carolyn Rebuffel Flannery said...

I love the pieces in this line, especially the white bench!
Thanks for sharing...

Splendid Sass said...

Katie-
I love their furniture. Always with an edge, they fit.
I would love to try the white leather bench in the bedroom. I am not a modern person, but I love just one piece here and there.
Happy Thursday.
Teresa
xoxo

Karena said...

Katie I adore that chest!It would be so great in my bedroom!!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

mary said...

My favorite is the chair--pulls from French Deco and functionalism and has superb details. Great post--makes my imagination work in overdrive.
Mary

ihsan34 said...

Very nice photos and information about leather furniture . Photos are outstanding and very beautiful.

Mattress sale dallas
office furniture fort worth
leather furniture fort worth

ivy de Leon said...

Love this chest,too. Saw it at the showroom and it's even more amazing up close. Also blogged on it Thursday. Great taste. Enjoy your weekend.

Gerry Bossier said...

The pieces of furniture seem to fit any room easily. The metal bench, for example, can be used in a traditional and in a modern room as well. There’s a lot of room for creativity when you use these furniture. These attributes embody Aquarius. I think that’s how they got the name for the collection.

stone range hoods said...

The bench in white and black options is perfect near the bed. Thanks for the inspiration. That chest is adorable.
xoxo
~ Herman Swan

Bunker Beds said...

The new furniture in Lexington is given here. Useful post
The new furniture in Lexington is given here. Useful post

New Furniture For Sale said...

Whole Aquarius collection is awesome, I just loved the whole collection..