Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sands of Time

White Sands, New Mexico
First, I wanted to say a very heart felt THANK YOU to all of you who helped me so much with your very kind words and thoughts over the last few weeks.


I have been on a bit of a journey, and it has led me not only to places I have never seen, but also to places inside myself I had yet to know. The trip brought me even closer to my brother who just passed away.


I wish I had been to this place he lived before he was gone. I wish I had shared it with him and seen his  proud face when presenting this brilliant place to us.....


I wish we had trekked up and down these dunes together to see what was on the other side.....

Grains of gypsum, so white and cool
I wish we had counted the white grains together.....



And touched the clouds....


...and smiled .... knowing what we know about each other.......knowing what a place like this can mean to a heart......

Someone captured my thoughts in the sand before we even arrived
All I can do is add my wishes to the grains of sand and hope they reach you.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://thefullerview.tumblr.com/post/30774298980

-F

mary said...

Hi katie, Thank you. The journeys of the heart always lead to healing.
Mary

Collin Paul said...

Hi,your post is very nice.These are very calm places.I like so much this place.

buy cheap twitter followers

Merlin said...

May good fortune rule over you. Peace live in your heart. And the stars watch over you. He will know. franki