Monday, January 28, 2013

Inspiration


There are so many great fabrics out there right now, it is almost impossible to narrow things down when it comes to actually placing a fabric on a piece of furniture! Are you all finding this to be the case too?

Designers like those from Million Dollar Decorators all have fabric lines, and there are more and more less "famous" designers starting their own fabric lines as well (like my blog friend, Lauren Leiss from Pure Style Home blog and her LL Textiles) . Schumacher has picked up some of these celebrity designers like Martyn Lawrence-Bullard, Trina Turk, LULU DK, Kelly Wearstler, Celerie Kemble and the latest addition, Mary McDonald. (If any of you were watching Million Dollar Decorator, you will recognize the inspiration for her Chinois Palais fabric.) It just keeps getting more fun to shop all the time.

I have been collecting thoughts for fabrics for a client Family Room and came across this large scale floral pattern by Celerie Kemble for Schumacher and it has all of the colors I am already using in other parts of the house. Perennials is another line of fabrics I use often since it is very family friendly (Indoor Outdoor fabrics are great!) I love the Zig Zag pattern of theirs (bottom right) The navy and white ikat is also by Perennials, as are the indigo woven textures (small samples). The other two coral fabrics, the stripe/ikat and the diamond embroidered pattern are also from Schumacher.

Can't WAIT to get to Design San Francisco this year  (February 6-8) to see all of the new design inspiration.
I will let you know what I find!


11 comments:

Karen Albert said...

Katie sometimes my head just spins with the fabulous fabrics available! Love your choices! Oranges, blues and white!

xoxo
Karena
2013 Artists Series

Laurie said...

Absolutely love the fabrics you picked. That floral is yummy good!

mary said...

I love that outsized floral. Great energy.
Mary

quintessence said...

Beautiful! Love the blue and orange of course!! Beautiful palette and patterns - and yes, I'm not even a designer and am overwhelmed by the choices. Wait til you see all the beautiful Pierre Frey indigos - you will love!

Merlin said...

The richness of color and depth to these fabrics is just...an art form! franki

Wellfleet Waters said...

Hi Katie! I love your blog and your style! I hope you will take a look at our 100% natural cotton canvas fabric printed in New England. www.wellfleetwaters.com
Best to you, Beth

Things and Thoughts said...

Beautiful blog, nice things with taste!
Lovely photos.
Olympia

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

i love a good print!

Madebygirl.blogspot.com
MadeByGirl.com

Sylvie said...

Exquisite choices Katie. I love the Celerie Kemble large-scale floral. I've been thinking about painting a giant single botanical blossom on a black wall in my place. This inspires me further.

Waterfront Property Georgia said...

YOUR CHOICE WAS AWESOME REALLY.
I THINK YOU HAVE FULL KNOWLEDGE ABOUT FABRICS, TEXTURE, MANY MORE.....

cindy hattersley design said...

Yes,,,and yes...every day it seems there is another fabric line that I am not familiar with...lately I love Lisa Fine..tomorrow it will be someone different. Great post as always...