Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas...


As busy as it has been the last couple of weeks, we have still been doing a little hall decking around here! This year we are having my brother and his family come stay for the week of Christmas, as well as my daughter's boyfriend, so it will be a full house! I thought keeping things a bit more casual would suit us this year. 

In the Dining Room,
I put together things I had already in my cupboards.....a vintage quilt for the table cloth, white plates, straw basket "plates" (they are the kind you use for paper plates in summer!), votive candle holders and our silver. I added pine cones that I keep in storage and fresh greenery, and a few antlers from the collection.....




I hung the paper cones I found at ikea from the chandelier with red ribbon.....


And a simple wreath and pillar candles at the built-in sideboard....


 And the girls have been busy in the kitchen building gingerbread houses.....



The mantle is covered with greens and candles....


And the stockings have been hung with new ribbon....one of my finds this year, it is wired ivory felt ribbon with red stitching along the edges. I think this ribbon is what started me don the decorating path this year. It was cozy and simple, and that is what will make my Christmas merry this year.....


Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas, the Happiest of Holidays.....

and a very Happy New Year!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy holidays! Sounds like you will be surrounded by family - just what the Holidays are about. Would love to know where you purchased the ribbon? Kim

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Beautiful!! Love it all...A very merry Christmas to you...

Merlin said...

Looking GOOD! I got the little "cones" and "star" too...MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOURS!! franki

Emma said...

The antlers are a cool rustic touch and I love how you hung cones from the chandelier. Yesterday in a Twitter chat, I referred to the phenomenon of decorating chandeliers for the season as festooning them and it's always fun to see how people festoon theirs.

Gorgeous home!

My Notting Hill said...

It's all gorgeous! Your daughters did a wonderful job with the gingerbread houses. Merry Christmas!

Sarah said...

Looks really beautiful! I especially love those antlers, very unique idea and it looks great. Merry Christmas to you and your family!! Best wishes for a very happy new year as well! ;-)

katiedid said...

Thank you everyone! It is always fun to try a different idea every year. I found the ribbon at the local wholesale florist and there was no identifying labeling on the roll. :( I will try and get more information for you though!

laura Madalene said...

The tree is perfect. I love the birds and nests and pine cones. Mother Nature is the best designer on the planet! The outdoor trees look like trees of crystal with their ice coating. Everything looks so enchanting and festive. Hope your holiday is jolly. Christmas decoration ideas

Suzie said...

Beautifully photographed! I like The gingerbread house with marshmallow snowmen?! Cute,
Hope you are having lovely cozy holidays,
Greetings
Suzie

Acanthus and Acorn said...

Katie,
I love the unique ribbon and that something so small provided so much inspiration! Bet it was a wonderful day!!!
~Rebecca

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Everything is gorgeous! I'm off to find more pictures of your charming house.

RETA said...

You do lovely work. I would love to be a guest in your home at the holidays! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us!

RETA@ http://evenhaazer.blogspot.com